COMM 320: Nonverbal Communication
Analysis Paper #2:
Scholarly Research on Vocalics
- You are to obtain a scholarly article that discusses vocalic
aspects of nonverbal communication. Read the article, making sure
you fully understand it, and address the paper assignment described
below. The article should not be one that was used for a Research
- This analysis paper should be
3-4 pages long and must
adhere to APA format guidelines, including proper citations for
any sources cited in the paper.
- This paper is
due on Monday, November 10 and is worth
Obtain and read a scholarly journal article that reports on results from a study
related to vocalics. It can deal with any aspect of this area of nonverbal
communication (see assigned chapters for definition and examples of vocalics).
In a well-organized paper,
- The purpose of the research - was there a compelling reason to undertake
it, and what did the researcher(s) wish to find out?
- The method used for the research - what did they do, and do you consider
it to have been appropriate for what they wanted to accomplish?
- The major results from the study - what did they find, and is there any
scholarly or practical value to such results?
- The next steps for research - where would you go from here, if you were
to conduct your own follow-up research to this study?
Your 3-4 page Analysis Paper must adhere to APA format guidelines.
It should follow good paper format, with a separate introduction, well-organized
body, and brief conclusion.
Be sure you have read and understood the scholarly
journal article you have selected before attempting to write this Analysis
Avoid use of direct quotations unless they are short and absolutely
necessary. The majority of this Analysis Paper should be in your own
words so I can be sure you have understood what you’ve read and what you’ve
to the Nonverbal Communication homepage