What does your Windows account do?
- Allows you to log into campus Windows computers such as those in computer labs and classrooms.
- Allows you to access your network file storage such as you H:\ drive, or class drive file areas (Q:\).
- Allows you access to your e-mail.
How to set passwords and get a username
- Accounts for Windows are created automatically for all registered students and currently employed faculty and staff. Allow approximately one working day after the account request is sent from either Human Resources or the Registrar's office.
- If you need to register an account for the first time, find your username, your password has expired or you have forgotten it, or the forgotten password link does not work, go ahead and navigate to the myWitt Portal and select the link "If you are a new student, faculty or staff click here to register your account for the first time." Complete the requested information and submit, accept the campus policy, and then continue to the password page.
- To change your password, log into the myWitt Portal and in the Account Tools section select "Change Your Password".
This document last reviewed June 18, 2013.