Setting Up E-mail on an iPhone and iPadWittenberg University's migration to Exchange 2010 involves switching to a new Client Access Server for web-based connections to user mailboxes. This server provides the Outlook Web Access (OWA) site for accessing e-mail from the internet. While this first step in the migration plan is seamless to campus machines, personal devices such as iPhones and iPads may experience connection issues. To assist our users in managing their connection, please follow these steps to re-enable your Wittenberg e-mail connection.
Step 1: Go to the Home screen and open the Settings app.
Step 2: Scroll Down and Select "Mail, Calendars, Contacts"
Step 3: You will see a list of any e-mail accounts that you have already set up. select Add Account...
Step 4: Select "Microsoft Exchange"
Step 5: Fill out the fields:
- Email: Your Wittenberg e-mail address
- Domain: Type wittenberg.edu
- Username: Your Wittenberg username (which is the part in your e-mail address before the @ symbol)
- Password: Your Wittenberg password
- Description: A name to help you identify your e-mail address, such as "Witt e-mail"
Step 6: A warning will appear saying that it cannot identify the identity of the mail server. Select "Continue"
Step 7: A new field will appear named "Server." Type in owa.wittenberg.edu and hit the "Next" button again.
Step 8: Select any additional things that you would like to synchronize.
Your e-mail will begin to synchronize the next time you open the Mail app.
- Getting Started
- Types of Accounts
- Personal Devices & Software
- Connecting to the Network
- Campus Computers, Labs, & Printers
- Outlook and OWA
- Wittlink Portal
- Moodle Courseware
- Technology policies
- Copyright and File Sharing Policies