Burning Data CDs
To burn files and information from hard drive or network drive to a CD-R or CD-RW:
- Log into the computer as usual.
- Click Start, Programs, Adaptec Easy CD Creator, and select Easy CD Creator .
- Select the type of CD to create. (Directions are for data CD.)
- Click Next.
- Select the drive letter where the files are stored; locate the files to be copied.
- Click Add Now for each.
- After all of the files have been selected, click Next.
- The software gives a choice as to whether or not the CD should be tested; we recommend testing.
- Click Next.
- Select "Create CD Now" if copying the files immediately and click Finish. To save the files for later, select "Create CD Later" and click Finish.
- When finished recording, the CD drive will open. Remove the CD.
- At this point, the CD can still be written if there is information to be added later. The information is also readable on other CD ROM drives.
- When closing the program, it will ask whether or not to save the layout of the CD. The layout of the files, etc. can be saved to create an identical disc later. Please note that when using a lab computer, the information cannot be saved to the hard drive (C:\). Any files saved in the Temp directory will also be deleted.
This document last reviewed April 19, 2013.
- Getting Started
- Types of Accounts
- Personal Devices & Software
- Connecting to the Network
- Campus Computers, Labs, & Printers
- Outlook and OWA
- Wittlink Portal
- Moodle Courseware
- Technology policies
- Copyright and File Sharing Policies