Using USB memory/portable devices on campus computers
- Plug your USB memory/portable device into the designated slots located on the front of the machine.
- Allow for the machine to do any installing and/or search for the new device. (You may or may not have to do this) When prompted to restart the machine, click yes.
- Once logged on, double click My Computer and select the Removable Disk (E:) drive.
- When you are done using the USB/portable device, DO NOT simply remove it from the port. To prevent damage to the device, double click the icon with the green arrow located on the task bar in the lower right-hand corner (next to the clock) Highlight USB Mass Storage Device. Click the stop button. Highlight the name of your device (EX: JetFlash TS512MJF2B USB Device). Click ok and then ok again. It is now safe to remove the USB memory/portable device from the machine.
This document last reviewed April 19, 2013.
- Getting Started
- Types of Accounts
- Personal Devices & Software
- Connecting to the Network
- Campus Computers, Labs, & Printers
- Outlook and OWA
- Wittlink Portal
- Moodle Courseware
- Technology policies
- Copyright and File Sharing Policies