Map a Printer to your PC
If you'd like to print from your personal computer (or even a campus lab computer) to a MFD in the dorms or elsewhere, follow these instructions:
- Ensure that you are connected to the Campus Network:
- Secured Wireless
- Cisco VPN client
- Download WittDrivesandPrinters.exe (you will need to enter your username and password to access the file).
- Start up the program. Click "Run" if prompted; you may want to uncheck "Always ask me whenever I open this file."
- Log in using your Windows credentials (Witt username and password) and click "Connect Network Drives."
- Before you can connect to the printers, you must have Papercut installed. Click here to install it manually, otherwise WittDrivesandPrinters.exe will automatically prompt you to install.
- Log in to papercut NG. You can select the option to remember your login information if you are the only one using your computer.
- Check the printer(s) you would like to connect to and click "Connect Network Printers."
- Wait for the folder "Printers and Faxes" to pop up listing the connected printers.
- You are now able to print! You may need to restart the individual program (e.g. Word 2007) before the printer is listed as an option in the program, however.
How to add Additional Printers to the List
- Create a file called H:\NetworkPrinters.txt
- In the file put in entries that look like this, each on a separate line:
- For the master list of printer names, click here. Type the "Network Name" after india01\, as illustrated in the above examples.
- Save the file and run WittDrivesandprinters.exe.
- It will now list the printers you added as options to be mapped.