About the Higher Education Opportunity Act (also known as H.R. 4137 or "HEOA")
The HEAO requires higher education institutions to participate in provisions intended to reduce illegal download and upload of copyrighted material through peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing. Click each link to view Wittenberg's compliance plan for each segment of the HEOA.
Wittenberg University's compliance process and information:
- Annual disclosure to network users that the illegal distribution of copyrighted material can subject them to criminal and civil penalties occurs through multiple methods.
- Steps that the institution will take to detect and punish illegal distribution of copyrighted materials include both network and education components.
- Alternatives to illegal file sharing:
- Click for a list of legal music, movie, television, and other sources, courtesy of Educause.com.
- Wittenberg will identify procedures to periodically review the effectiveness of the plans to combat the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials.
This document last reviewed June 4, 2013.