Using the web, all students, faculty, staff, and alumni can control what personal information Wittenberg releases to both the Wittenberg community and the general public. Your privacy settings will determine what information appears about you in our web directory.
What information is controlled by my information privacy settings? Your privacy settings control the release or suppression of your email address, local (campus) phone number, local (campus) address, Department (class year), title, home address, home phone, photo, and cell phone. You can set each option to display or keep hidden within Wittenberg (other Wittenberg users) as well as from outside Wittenberg.
To Review or Change Your Privacy Settings:
- Go to http://www.wittenberg.edu click on myWitt/Email in the upper right-hand corner, then click on the red "W" for myWitt. On the myWitt log-in page, enter your username and password.
- Select "Account Tools" and then Privacy options.
- Once you are satisfied with any changes you have made to the settings click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the screen.
You will see a new screen where you can view and change your privacy settings.
Your privacy settings are arranged in two categories: one is for the information you are willing to have released to the Wittenberg Community and the other is for the General Public. Separating the information into two categories allows you to pick and choose what information you would like to have available to different groups of people. For example, some people may feel comfortable displaying home phone numbers to members of the Wittenberg community, but not to the general public.
Information you restrict to the Wittenberg community will only be available to people who authenticate themselves by logging into the web using their email username and password. Information you allow everyone to view requires no authentication.
We have set as the default the options that we believe will be the most common choices. Non Wittenberg individuals can view your name, email address, department (or class year), and title. By default, the Wittenberg community can view this information as well as your campus phone, address, and photo (if there is one available).
You can suppress all information from being seen by setting your email address from being viewed. This is true for both the campus community and off campus people. Please keep in mind that turning this feature off for the campus community will prevent Information Technology Services staff from looking up your information
- FERPA -- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act at Wittenberg (DMCA)
- Student Financial Privacy Statement
- Keep Your Private Information Private
- Access To and Use of Computing Resources
This document last reviewed May 2, 2013.