Which connection is right for you?
This chart will help you determine which connection best fits your needs on campus. A couple of things to keep in mind as you choose:
- Using the Wired connection is generally the fastest and most reliable.
- Using the Secured Wittenberg Wireless connection is convenient and may aid in the recovery of your computer should it be lost or stolen.
- However, for other needs such as iPhone network access or for a guest, the Witt-Unsecure-Open-Wireless option is available.
Questions? Please ask! Call (937)-525-3801 or email email@example.com.
|Information Secure (password, account numbers, etc.)||Password required||Can map or access network drives on campus||Can print to campus printers from personal computer||Can access the Internet||Can use campus web services (Portal, Moodle, etc.)||Can be used by other devices (PDA, SmartPhone, iPhone, iTouch)|
|Wired (Wall Jack)||Yes||Once - to register||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Secured Wireless||Yes||Each use||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Unsecured Wireless||No - relies on the web site you're visiting for security||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Have you decided on a connection that fits your needs? Click the appropriate link below for quick and easy instructions on how to connect!
- Click here for instructions to use Wittenberg Wired
- Click here for instructions to use Wittenberg Secured Wireless
- Click here for instructions to use Wittenberg Open Wireless
This document last reviewed April 19, 2013.
- Getting Started
- Types of Accounts
- Personal Devices & Software
- Connecting to the Network
- Campus Computers, Labs, & Printers
- Outlook and OWA
- Wittlink Portal
- Moodle Courseware
- Technology policies
- Copyright and File Sharing Policies