Connect to Wittenberg Wired
Register your Machine on the Network
Items to check before registering your computer on campus:
- Know your Windows password.
- Be sure any drivers required to run your machine's network card or port are installed and working. (Consult the documentation that came with your machine or contact your hardware manufacturer.)
- Update the operating system, including any critical updates or service packs.
- These are available from the operating system manufacturer. For Windows, open Internet Explorer, click Tools, Windows update and follow the instructions.
- For a WIRED connection, have an ethernet cable. (Category 5 - Available at the campus bookstore.)
Registering your computer on campus:
In residence halls and other wired locations, turn off wireless and then connect the network cable to a blue or orange ethernet (data) jack in the wall. If you're connecting through the wireless network, make sure you're in a location covered by Wittenberg's wireless network.
- Open Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Log into the WittConnect screen using your username and password.
- Fill out the Register new device form, read and click the check box agreeing to the policy, and click the Add Device button.
- If you use a network cable, disconnect the network cable for a few seconds, then restart the computer. If wireless, just restart the computer and your browser to connect. See link below for directions.
If you are only using the Wired connection, you're all set!
This document last reviewed April 19, 2013.