Sharepoint is a web-based program that allows departments or groups to share calendar and contact information from anywhere. Your Sharepoint web sites are accessible using Internet Explorer; just type the address listed for your area into the location bar. You may need to enter your Windows username and password for access. Currently students do not have access these features.
Department calendars and contacts
- Available through a web server using a program called SharePoint
- Can be added to your Outlook calendar view
- Shared among all members of your department
- Currently calendar and contact sharing functions available
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Type your department's link into the Location bar. (See list below.)
- Log in to your department sharepoint directory with your Windows username and password.
- Modify the existing calendar and/or directory contacts or create new ones.
- Open Outlook and SharePoint.
- Click the item in Sharepoint to link with Outlook (contacts or calendar).
- Select the button that says "Link to Outlook".
- This will pop up a window on your screen that says, "The following Windows Sharepoint Services folder is being added to Outlook: Do you want to add this folder to Outlook?"
- Answer "yes"
- In Outlook, select Calendar.
- Place a check in the box whenever you'd like to see the Sharepoint calendar. Remove the check to close the calendar without removing the connection.
- Outlook on the web:
- Go to www.wittenberg.edu/ws (WittLink from Witt's web site)
- At the bottom, click the link For Faculty and Staff using Outlook with Exchange
- Use your WINDOWS username and password to log in
- Items you will not see: shared calendars, shared contacts
- Items you will see: All mail, all filters that the web copy can handle will run, your personal calendar and contacts, tasks
- SharePoint from home: http://sharepoint.wittenberg.edu
- Use your username and Windows password for access.
This document last reviewed July 23rd, 2010.
- Getting Started
- Types of Accounts
- Personal Devices & Software
- Connecting to the Network
- Campus Computers, Labs, & Printers
- Outlook and OWA
- Wittlink Portal
- Moodle Courseware
- Technology policies
- Copyright and File Sharing Policies