Parental Access to the Student Information Module
The WittLink Parental Access Module gives the parents of current students the ability to use Wittenberg's Web Portal to electronically access their student's academic information (provided that their student has authorized this access).
Parental access to the student's electronic academic information is set by the student, and complies with all F.E.R.P.A. guidelines. All access is initially turned off (by default), and the student can authorize each parent individually. Please note that your student must authorize this access before you will be able to view any academic information via the WittLink Portal.
The new "Students Info" section includes access to the following functions:
- Student's Schedule
- Grades by Term
- Financial Aid Awards
- Student Accounts Balance
- Degree Audit
- WATCH Report
The student may also set permissions according to each function, which means that your student may choose to give you access to all, some, or none of the functions. Please speak with your student if you have concerns about access to certain functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where did this idea come from?
The Wittenberg Parents Executive Committee proposed this several years ago. Since that time, the technology has grown within the Portal to enable us to offer this new functionality. Parents who would like to have this feature have also approached the University. The Information Technology Services Department, Registrar's Office, Dean of Student's Office, and Advancement Office have all been involved in this project.
I am currently registered in the WittLink Portal. How do I use this new function?
- Login to the WittLink Portal with your username and password.
- On your menu, under the "Parents" heading, you will see a new function called "Students Info".
- Click on this link to see a display of the authorized functions. Each of these functions are underlined . (Click on the underlined function to execute that specific function.)
I have not yet registered in the WittLink Portal, but would like to do so. How do I register?
Each parent already has his or her own WittLink account, and Wittenberg email address. Each parent would need to register in the WittLink Portal (a one-time registration) at this url: https://www.wittenberg.edu/parents2/webauth/
Are there any circumstances that would limit my access to my student's academic information?
Yes, there are several.
- You must be listed as a "parent of record" in the University's administrative database.
- Your student must set your authorization level, from their own WittLink screen, and they can change this at any time.
- At the end of each semester, all access to final grade related functions will be temporarily delayed for those parents that have been given authorization.
The purpose of this is to give the students first access to their final grades.
The Information Technology Services would like to thank all of the students (and their parents) who participated in our pilot testing of this project. Student and Parent feedback was extremely favorable.
Wittenberg Information Technology Services Department
This document last reviewed July 12, 2011.
- Getting Started
- Types of Accounts
- Personal Devices & Software
- Connecting to the Network
- Campus Computers, Labs, & Printers
- Outlook and OWA
- Wittlink Portal
- Moodle Courseware
- Technology policies
- Copyright and File Sharing Policies