2008-01-21 Guild Meeting Notes
Prepared by GuildMaster Rachel J.
Orders of Business:
- Larry Wick will be our guest speaker and will be doing some WEGS stuff
- Official them is "Alea iacta est", meaning "The Die is Cast"
- Takes place March 15 (The Ides of March)
- shirt ideas- "Just like Caeser, I failed my sense motive check."
- we need DMs/GMs to host/plan games throughout shouvlin
- Andy K. and Eric E. will be showcasing their boardgames during the con
- we will have a dinner of pizza
- registration is $5.00
- we'll be getting info/posters out to superfly, the comic shop, and dark star in yellow springs, as well as
bellbrook and the bookery in fairbornish area- the floor is open for poster ideas, slap a photo and a witty but
also informational phrase on a doc and send it to me as an attachment in an email and i might give you cookies
We presented the questions of whether we wanted one or two nights a month, and whether we wanted these to
be at set days every month or determined at the Guild Meeting at the beginning of each month. Those in
attendance seemed to favor having two nights a month so that people who could not attend one could get to
the other, and that these days be determined at the monthly meeting as long as exec promises to be prompt
in advertising information beforehand. Please reply with your opinion if you support or oppose this plan.
When do we want them? Those attending the meeting on Monday 1/21 favor Mondays. Those of you who could
not attend, is the first Monday of the month good for you, or what other nights would be best? The
favored time was 8:30-9:30, but Guild meetings don't go that long normally.
-RPG shirt ideas-
- "Sugar and spice and shiny dice."
- "Snips and snails and critical fails"
- Any other shirt ideas you'd like to propose?
-Feast of Steve-
Spring semester one shot, "glorified game night with food", February 25 the Monday before Spring Break.
(People will be going out of town the weekend right before spring break. Object in a reply if this date
finds conflict with you.)
-Spring Semester Games-
- If you are interested in joining any of these games you can email the GM. If you need help with
contacting the GM let a Guild Exec Board Member know, and they will help.
- Maura M.: interested in running a paranoia one shot.
- David S.: interested in running a vampire campaign, dark ages-- modern, Transylvania Chronicles,
Saturday afternoons 12:00, 3 spaces available.
- Eric L.: D&D 3.5 dawn of time campaign, players will be forging new civilization, Thursday and
Saturdays are out, Tuesday is best, although Eric is open to negotiation.
- Andy K.: 1-2 slots open for a toyed with 3.5 Pirates of the Underdark campaign, Friday nights
starting at 6:30-7:00 at Andy and Jules' apartment in fairbornish or beavercreek or something. If
transportation is an issue, you may be able to negogiate rides with other players.
Email me this kind of information if you'd like to plan/run a campaign this semester and have spaces open.
I will be sending out these bios to the RPG mailing list and having interested members email you as shown above.
You may choose to be selective in your choice of players, it does not need to be first come first serve.
Please let me know if you want to work on running a campaign, I know people are looking. Do not be afraid if you
have never DM'd before- go crazy. If you need a campaign to be involved in, email me and I'll see what I can do.
Look at this for insane information about WittCon V