Wittenberg Role Playing Guild
Exec Meeting Minutes for 8/25/2009, 5:00 in Thomas Library
The meeting began at about 5:15 PM. While Will the Guild Scribe thought that some members were late,
Kat the Guild President thought that you had to be at least 15 minutes late to be considered late.
Clearly, the President is operating on Peruvian time while the Scribe is operating on New York time.
The Guild Executives discussed a large amount of topics in no particular order.
The Guild Scribe has therefore grouped the following decisions into topic groups so that it is easier to follow:
- Kat & Will have both been granted access to the Guild mailing lists and can now add new e-mail addresses themselves
- The first Guild meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 9 at 7:00 PM. We have sent in a reservation for the Li Room at that time
- Subsequent Guild meetings will generally be held on the first Wednesday of the month
- Bookery runs will be discussed at future Guild meetings
- Will was dubbed the “Guild Day Planner” because he is going to be sending out e-mails to Guild execs reminding people of things
- Kat has purchased a triboard to display at the activities fair. It’s empty at the moment.
- We sketched out an idea of what it will look like. There will be sections for Role Playing Games, Board Games, LARPs, and Special Events
(e.g. Renaissance fair). We will be using a copious amount of pictures throughout showing everyone how much fun we have at each event.
- There will also be the Guild Shield in the center and pictures of celebrities (like Vin Diesel, Stephen Colbert, and Daryl Hannah) who play D&D
- We will also be giving out d20s to people who come by. The d20s have already been purchased. Lionel is bringing a glass bowl for them
and I’m supposed to remind him in an e-mail about it
- If we have enough space, we’d like to set up a few board games and perhaps a role playing game.
Will especially thinks that Settlers of Catan should be on display, as many people on campus, including his RA,
are completely obsessed with that game and would join us if they knew we played it
- Cthuhlu will show up and make us all lose 1d100 of sanity. No, actually I’m just trying to see if you’re actually reading these minutes.
- Will is making the signup sheet for the mailing list.
The Guild Executives collectively laughed at his pathetic attempts to make one by hand, especially when he failed to draw a straight line, even with a straightedge
- There will be two shifts manning the table
- Kat & Pam from 5-6
- Heather & Will from 6-7
- We currently have about $100 in unallocated Guild funds this year. Ergo, we’d like to raise some funds.
- New book purchases have not yet happened because the Guild is unsure if money from last year rolled over
- Pam is going to look into Campus Cleanup while talking with Mike DeVilbis about the Guild Budget
- Addendum: After the meeting, Karen Stover found information about the Tiger Fund and Build a Better Wittenberg.
We think that WittCon might qualify for funding from these programs
- Yes, we’re already talking about WittCon
- Because key rooms in Shouvlin are already reserved on March 20th, WittCon has been officially moved to March 27th.
This is no longer on D&D Game day, which is both a good and bad thing
- Kat would like to get a committee going at some point for WittCon
- We decided to ask for support (mainly through donations) from the following stores:
- Main Street Comics
- Some donations will be given as prizes for the costume contest like we did last year
- We’ve decided to sell raffle tickets and give away the remaining donations as raffle prizes
- Bookery doesn’t come to conventions, but the other two stores might be willing to come and be vendors at WittCon
- Lionel is looking to see if the Dice Man might be willing to come to sell stuff
- Kat recalled that Wizards of the Coast has some sort of program where groups can pay $20 to get about $100 worth of merchandise to give out.
White Wolf seems to have something similar. We will look into this.
- We are currently looking for potential speakers for WittCon.
Role Playing Games:
- Because of the demand for one shot games, we came up with a new system for them to be held:
- Bob wants to run a one shot game
- He tells a GM who’s running a campaign this semester that he’d like to run it on the same night as his campaign. So he talks to Fred
- Fred thinks this would be a good change of pace and agrees to let Bob run his one shot at a future time in place of the regularly scheduled campaign.
- Bob and Fred announce at the monthly Guild meeting that Bob’s one shot will be held on a certain day in place of the Fred’s campaign.
They invite everyone to come, even those who aren’t in the regularly scheduled campaign
- Bob, Fred, and everyone else who wants to come has a great time playing Bob’s one shot and Bob gets some experience in running a game
without having to commit to running a campaign for a whole semester.
- In other news, we’ll let the GMs of any campaign games to decide what rooms they would like to hold their campaigns
- We decided to have the next Exec meeting on Friday, August 28 at 5 in the Library for the purpose of putting together the activities fair board
After typing up this exhaustive list of meeting minutes,
Will the Scribe gives himself a pat on the back for doing way more than any Scribe has ever done for the past few years.
He also thinks that anyone who read through the entire thing deserves a cookie.
And Will referred to himself in third person because it sounded cooler for meeting minutes.