Wittenberg Role Playing Guild
Exec Meeting Minutes for 1/13/2010, 6:30pm in Student Center Li Room
- WittCon: Guest Speaker
- Several people have tried to find a new guest speaker for WittCon, but there have been no replies.
- We decided to accept Larry Wick again as our guest speaker.
- Andy will contact Larry to arrange things and also ask for what he would like to talk about.
- WittCon: Vendors
- "The Dice Man" is still planning on coming.
- Bell, Book & Comic is on board too. We'll have to let them know that we already have a vendor for dice.
- Andy has been in touch with Reaper Minis and, unless a scheduling conflict occurs, they will be able to come. We will know for sure within a week.
- WittCon: Games
- There are a number of people who have so far volunteered to GM a game, but have not yet sent in game information.
- The Magic: The Gathering tournament will be buy-in. The Guild will purchase a box (~$100) and players will pay to enter the tournament to receive cards. This is in accordance with University policy, as the players will essentially be purchasing it.
- If we have too many players, Bell, Book & Comic may be able to sell additional Magic cards to facilitate the tournament.
- WittCon: Donations & Prizes
- Heather will contact local gaming stores this week and next to request donations.
- University policy will allow for fundraising raffles, if the items are donated.
- WittCon: Little Sibs
- It was brought to the attention that WittCon is on the same day as Little Sibs weekend.
- It was unanimously decided to have some activities at WittCon should be geared for younger kids.
- Kat will contact Student Development about putting WittCon on the list of activities for Little Sibs Weekend.
- Life-Sized Candy Land was one earlier idea for Little Sibs weekend, but we decided that it requires too many volunteers than we can spare for WittCon.
- We would like to do a costume contest for kids, but did not work out the logistics at this time.
- Karen and Jules volunteered to organize a craft table located in the board game room.
- Lionel suggested implementing a ribbon system (c.f. Origins) for younger kids to encourage participation.
- Will suggested we have a few games geared for all ages especially younger kids (e.g. Clay-o-Rama, Mouseguard), but for half a session (2 hours) rather than a full session (4 hours).
- Exec Board Logistics
- Kat would like to have an Exec meeting every 2 weeks until WittCon to ensure that adequate progress is being made. Further discussion will be on the exec forums.